FCB Health Network Secures 24 Nominations at the 2017 MM&M Awards
Network surpasses its performance at last year's awards, earning the most shortlist nominations in its history.
On the heels of FCB Health Network’s unprecedented success at the 2017 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity – which saw Area 23 win the coveted “Healthcare Agency of the Year” award – the network continues to experience incredible triumphs in this sector. Medical Marketing & Media, a leading publication covering pharmaceutical marketing, today released its shortlist for its 2017 Awards, and honored FCB Health Network companies FCB Health, Area 23, Hudson Global and Neon with multiple shortlist nominations. The MM&M Awards “celebrate creativity and effectiveness in healthcare marketing and communications.”
This announcement fuels the momentum initially generated by the network’s strong showing on MM&M’s list of “Top 100 Healthcare Agencies of 2017,” published last week, which featured FCB Health, Area 23 and Neon – as well as FCB Cure – in its ranking.
This year signifies a milestone for FCB and its affiliates, as the Health Network was shortlisted 24 times in several diverse categories – the highest number of nominations it has ever received, in the most categories, to date. The network exceeded its own performance at last year’s Awards, during which it collected 23 shortlists, divided between FCB Health and Area 23. Although results have not yet been announced, the network broadened its scope on this year’s shortlist with additional representation from FCB Health agencies Hudson Global and Neon, with the latter securing the prestigious “Mid-Size Healthcare Agency of the Year” nomination for the first time.
“We are beyond proud of our FCB Health family for this amazing accomplishment,” said Dana Maiman, CEO of the FCB Health Network. “Seeing representation across the board from so many of our agencies is extremely impressive. They continually raise the bar higher and higher for themselves, and I am excited to see where their talent, creativity and fearlessness take them next.”
FCB Health Network Chief Creative Officer Rich Levy also attributed the network’s prosperity to the close relationships it has developed with its clients. He remarked: “Our ultimate goal is to transform healthcare advertising in some way. These nominations build on the success we achieved at Cannes and propel us forward. I am amazed at how devoted our agencies are to creating meaningful relationships with each of their clients, which translates into the top-tier work we are seeing across the industry.”
Last year, FCB Health Network took home five Golds at the MM&M Awards – three for Area 23 and two for FCB Health – in the “Philanthropic Campaign,” “Health & Wellness Digital Initiative for Consumers” and “Digital Initiative for Non-Consumers” categories, as well as in the “Use of Public Relations” and “Consumer Print Campaign” categories, respectively. FCB Health Network also notched six Silver and 12 finalist accolades, including Area 23’s Silver for “Mid-Size Healthcare Agency of the Year.”
The 2017 MM&M Awards will take place at 6 p.m. on October 19 at Cipriani Wall Street. See below for full information on each of this year’s FCB Health Network shortlist nominations.
- Large Healthcare Agency of the Year: Area 23
- Consumer Print Campaign: Area 23, “The Hardest Crossword” – Alzheimer’s Foundation of America
- Digital Initiative for Non-Consumers: Area 23, “Time Hides Alzheimer’s” – Eli Lilly & Co.
- Disease Education Campaign: Area 23, “The Hardest Crossword” – Alzheimer’s Foundation of America
- Film or Video: Area 23, “Mr. Sun” – Mollie Biggane Melanoma Foundation/Mollie’s Fund
- Multichannel Campaign (Large Product Size): Area 23 and Boehringer Ingelheim, “The Epic Battle” – Lilly Diabetes Alliance
- Multichannel Campaign (Small to Medium Product Size): Area 23, “Time Hides Alzheimer’s” – Eli Lilly & Co.
- Multicultural Campaign: Area 23, “Designed to Get You There” – Gilead Sciences for Vemlidy
- Orphan Product Marketing Initiative: Area 23 and Genentech, “The ALK Positivity Project” – Alecensa
- Philanthropic Campaign: Area 23, “The Speaking Fireworks” – Military with PTSD
- Philanthropic Campaign: Area 23, “Healed Maps” – Miracle Flights
- Professional Print Campaign: Area 23 and Depomed, “Without Warning” – Lazanda
- Professional Print Campaign: Area 23, “Tables Have Turned” – Eli Lilly & Co.
- Marketing Team: Area 23 – The Jardiance Marketing Team
- Product Launch: FCB Health and Boehringer Ingelheim – Stiolto Respimat
- Product Launch: FCB Health and Genentech – Lucentis
- Branded Website for Consumers: FCB Health and Boehringer Ingelheim – Stiolto Respimat
- Branded Website for Healthcare Professionals: FCB Health and Teva Women’s Health – the Paragard website for HCPs
- Consumer Print Campaign: FCB Health and Allergan/Ironwood, “Wearing on You” – Linzess
- Multicultural Campaign: FCB Health, “Louder Than TB” – TB Alliance
- Use of Public Relations: FCB Health, “Blood Equality” – Gay Men’s Health Crisis
- Professional Sales Tool: FCB Health and Genentech – Lucentis Prefilled Syringe Demo Kit
- Digital Initiative for Non-Consumers: Hudson Global, “Ready to Tune In” – Sunovion Pharma for Aptiom
- Mid-Size Healthcare Agency: Neon
About FCB Health
With more than 40 years of experience marketing to healthcare professionals, patients and consumers, FCB Health produces work that is both strategically relevant and creatively compelling. The agency provides its clients with multichannel capabilities, including DTC and HCP communications, professional education, branding, scientific services, strategic planning and media services. Its high energy, diverse culture and global network have resulted in a robust client roster, including AbbVie, Allergan, Amgen, Boehringer Ingelheim, Ironwood, J&J, Lilly, Novartis and Genentech. It was named “Agency of the Year” by Med Ad News in 2006, 2009 and 2015 and by Medical Marketing & Media in 2007, 2010 and 2013. For the past seven out of eight years, an FCB Health Company has been named Most Creative Agency by Medical Advertising News.
FCB Health is a unit of FCB, itself a member of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). Under its network umbrella, FCB Health has an impressive roster of separate full-service, multichannel healthcare agencies, including Area 23, Neon and FCB Cure, as well as units focusing specifically on managed markets and medical education: Mosaic, ProHealth, Hudson Global and Trio. For more information, visit www.FCBHealthcare.com.
FCB (Foote, Cone & Belding) is a global, fully integrated marketing communications company with a heritage of creativity and success dating from 1873. Based on a deeply developed understanding of diversified local markets and global cultures, FCB focuses on creating “Never Finished” campaign ideas for clients that reflect a deep understanding of the brand’s past, a respect for the present and an anticipation of the future potential. With more than 8,000 people in 109 operations in 80 countries, the company is part of the Interpublic Group of Companies (NYSE: IPG). Learn more at and follow us on Twitter and Instagram (@FCBglobal) and Facebook (FCB Global).