38 Lions for FCB at Cannes 2014
Mobile Grand Prix for NIVEA Contributes to Network’s Showing
As the star-studded seminars at the Palais and the parties along La Croisette came to a close, FCB celebrated its best performance at Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity.
Eight of the network’s local agencies snared 38 Lions totaling one Grand Prix, seven Gold, 10 Silver and 20 Bronze. The winning campaigns, which can be viewed on FCB’s online showcase, spanned 13 different brands, including NIVEA, Coca-Cola, UNICEF, Sony and MTV Mobile.
FCB Brazil led the pack bringing home a total of 17 trophies: seven, including the Mobile Grand Prix for its work on the NIVEA “Protection Ad”, and a further 10 for the heartwarming “Speaking Exchange” campaign, an educational project that connects Brazilian CNA students with English-speaking senior citizens over the Internet.
Additionally, FCB Johannesburg and FCB Auckland took home six Lions apeice, while FCB Mayo Peru collected four; the Swiss office picked up Silver and Bronze; FCB Spain and Los Angeles shared two Bronzes for the jointly crafted “The Woman Who Can’t Watch Movies”; and FCB Chicago collected a Bronze.
Inside the jury room, FCB was represented across nine of the 17 categories:
- Health – Rui Piranda, executive creative director, FCB Brazil
- Direct – Humberto Polar, chief creative officer, FCB Mayo Peru
- Press – Alvin Lim, group creative director, FCB Shanghai
- Promo & Activation – Dennis Lück, executive creative director, FCB Zurich
- PR – Angela Spain, general manager, FCB New Zealand
- Outdoor – Brett Morris, chief executive officer, FCB South Africa
- Branded Content & Entertainment – Pablo Munoz, president, FCB Spain
- Creative Effectiveness – Michael Fassnacht, president, FCB Chicago
- Mobile – Mark Tomlinson, co-founder, Hellocomputer (part of FCB South Africa)
“We are on a very specific mission to improve our work,” said Vice Chairman & Global Chief Creative Officer Jonathan Harries. “We are thrilled with the results but believe we can and will do better in the year ahead.”
Additionally, back in February 2014, FCB Manila became the first Philippines agency to win the coveted Cannes Chimera, a joint initiative between the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
About FCB – Foote, Cone & Belding
With more than 140 years of communications expertise, FCB’s worldwide network spans 150 offices in 90 countries, with over 8,000 people, and is part of the Interpublic Group of Companies (NYSE:IPG). For more information, visit www.fcb.com. Follow us on Twitter and Instagram (@FCBglobal) and Facebook (FCB Global).