CANSA’s “Testi-monials” from FCB Cape Town, Hellocomputer One of 2016 Loeries Most-Awarded Campaigns
Cape Town, August 25, 2016 — “Testi-monials,” the campaign devised by FCB Cape Town and brought to life by its sister agency Hellocomputer for Cancer South Africa (CANSA), was one of the most-awarded campaigns at the 2016 Loeries Awards held in Durban.
“Testi-monials” notched up a total of six awards, including three Golds, two Silvers and one Bronze.
The campaign was created to remove the awkwardness around and drive awareness of testicular cancer. Featuring animated testicles giving “testi-monials” about cancer and talking about how they have been personally affected, the campaign also gives advice on how to self-examine and help detect signs and symptoms of the disease.
“‘Testi-monials’ was not a safe campaign by a long shot,” said FCB Africa Group CEO and Group Chief Creative Officer, Brett Morris. “But it proved to be the right response to the challenge of getting men comfortable about talking about the disease. Congratulations to the brave folks at FCB Cape Town and CANSA, and of course to the talented artists and professionals at Hellocomputer.”
Morris continued, “Well done, too, to those teams working on the other campaigns for which FCB agencies won awards – FCB Cape Town and Hellocomputer in their own right, and FCB Joburg. The Loeries is always a tough competition to do well in with only the best of the best work making it to the podium, so it’s a great achievement to have your work singled out for reward.”
The full list of FCB Africa’s Loeries 2016 wins includes:
FCB Cape Town and Hellocomputer – CANSA “Testi-monials”
- Gold: Digital & Interactive – Social Media
- Gold: Internet Video – above 30s Darryl
- Gold: Digital Crafts – Animation
- Silver: Digital & Interactive – Microsite
- Silver (Campaign): Integrated Campaign
- Bronze (Campaign): PR Communication Campaign
- Silver (Campaign): SA Non-English Print Advertising – Hilux – “tjie” Print, “‘n Vrag Stompe”, “‘n Vrag Bande’, “‘n Vrag Hooibale”
- Silver: Radio Station Commercials – NetFlorist “A War of Words – Anniversary Forgotten”
- Bronze (Campaign): SA Non-English Radio Station Commercials – NetFlorist “A War of Words – The Kitchen of Fury, Status Liked”
- Craft Certificate: Radio Crafts – Original Music & Sound Design – NetFlorist “A War of Words – The Kitchen of Fury, Status Liked”
FCB Cape Town
- Bronze: Digital & Interactive – Applications, Games & Interactive Tools – “NetFlorist Happy Cam”
- Bronze: Digital & Interactive – Website – Pernod Ricard’s The Inner Circle “The Impossible Story”
- Craft certificate Digital Crafts – Interface & Navigation – Investec Asset Management Annual Journal “Journal 3 – Decoding China”
FCB Joburg and Hellocomputer
- Silver: Media Innovation – Single Medium Hilux Toyota “Tougherer Load”